During this season of corporate prayer, I encourage you to keep a prayer journal and participate in a fast.
Try keeping a journal of your time with God. Don't just write down your requests, keep track of the answers and most importantly, what He is showing you during this time.
The goal of fasting is to draw near to God.
It hits the reset button of our soul and renews us from the inside out.
It prepares our hearts for all the good things God desires to bring into our lives.
When deciding on a fast, we encourage you to seek God in prayer and follow what the Holy Spirit leads you to do.
- Complete - In this type of fast, you drink only liquids, typically water with light juices as an option.
- Selective - This type of fast involves removing certain elements from your diet. One example of a selective fast is the Daniel Fast, during which you remove meat, sweets, and bread from your diet and consume water and juice for fluids and fruits and vegetables for food.
- Partial - This fast is sometimes called the “Jewish Fast” and involves abstaining from eating any type of food in the morning and afternoon. This can either correlate to specific times of the day, such as 6:00 am to 3:00 pm, or from sunup to sundown.
- Soul Fast - This fast is a great option if you do not have much experience fasting food, have health issues that prevent you from fasting food, or if you wish to refocus certain areas of your life that are out of balance. For example, you might choose to stop using social media or watching television for the duration of the fast and then carefully bring that element back into your life in healthy doses at the conclusion of the fast.
Remember, the timing of your fast is not as important as the strength of your focus on God as you fast.
Scriptures on fasting:
- Matthew 6:16-18
- Matthew 9:14-15
- Luke 18:9-14
- Acts 27:33-37
- Nehemiah 9:1-3
Every Day Prayer Focus
- Humble ourselves. Ask for forgiveness for our sins and the sins of our land. (2 Chronicles 7:14)
- Seek God. Declare our dependence on God in every area of our lives. (1 Chronicles 16:11)
- Pray that His kingdom come. Pray for the completion of the Great Commission and for revival in our generation. (Matthew 6:10)
- Hear from heaven. Invite the Presence of God in our church and our lives. Pray for souls to be saved, signs, wonders, miracles, and transformed lives. (Exodus 33:15)
- Believing God for answered prayer to our specific needs – Connection cards, pastoral care, and prayer requests. (Philippians 4:6)
- Pray for people to take next steps in their journey of faith to know God, find freedom, discover purpose, and make a difference. (Ephesians 1:17-18)
Let Us Pray!
Praising God for Who He Is. Our Scripture is Col 1:16.
Thanking God For What He Has Done. Our Scripture is John 3:16.
Praying for Spiritual Wisdom and Insight. Our Scripture is Eph 1:17.
Praying For Our Hearts to be Flooded with Light. Our Scripture is Eph 1:18.
Praying For Our Civic and National Leaders. Our Scripture is 1 Timothy 2:1-3.
Praying For Our Church and the Body of Christ. Our Scripture is Romans 12:4-5.
- Remembering God's Love and Grace For Us. Our Scriptures are John 15:4-5, 9-10 & Ephesians 2:8-9
- Praying That We Would Love Our Neighbor. Our Scriptures are 1 John 4:19 & Matthew 22:37-38
Praying to be Teachable. Our Scripture is John 14:26.
Praying for Our Mind to be Renewed. Our Scripture is Romans 12:2.
Praying for Humility. Our Scripture is Phil 2:3
Praying for Kindness. Our Scripture is Col 3:12
Praying for Obedience. Our Scripture is 1 John 5:3
Praying for Responsibility. Our Scripture is Romans 14:12
Praying for Hope and Courage. Our Scripture is John 16:33
Praying to Bring God's Light to Others. Our Scripture is 1 Peter 2:9
Praying to Be Better Sowers of the Word. Our Scripture is Mark 4:26-49
Praying to Be Better Sowers of the Word - Watch and Wait. Our Scripture is Mark 4:26-49
Praying to Be Better Sowers of the Word - Harvesting. Our Scripture is Mark 4:26-49
Praying We Will Be More Lovely. Our Scriptures are Galatians 5:22-23 & 1 Corinthians 13:4
Praying for Boldness. Our Scriptures are 1 Peter 2:4-11